Re: [xsl] minor improvements to XSLT 3.0 spec, "section 18.1 The xsl:source-document Instruction"

Subject: Re: [xsl] minor improvements to XSLT 3.0 spec, "section 18.1 The xsl:source-document Instruction"
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 08:34:28 -0000
I think that technically, if you write "/book" then it isn't streamable,
because "book" is a downward selection and in the general case, "/book" isn't.
I think it will work with Saxon, which optimises the "/" away when it knows
the context item is a document node, but I can't see how adding a redundant
step to the path expression improves the example.

Michael Kay
Saxonica