Re: [xsl] Use XSLT to check a bunch of XHTML files forwell-formedness?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Use XSLT to check a bunch of XHTML files forwell-formedness?
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 17:03:13 -0000
On 17.02.2021 17:52, Roger L Costello costello@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I ran xmlwf on a folder that contains 10,000 XHTML files. Wow! It checked
all of them in a couple seconds. However, the error messages are poor. For
example, here is one of the error messages:

xhtml\htmloutput10.xhtml:206:2: mismatched tag

Compare that to the error message I get when I run my super-simple XSLT
program on the XHTML file:

Error on line 206 column 3 of htmloutput10.xhtml:

SXXP0003 Error reported by XML parser: The element type "input" must be
terminated by the

matching end-tag "</input>".

I find the latter error message to be more helpful.

In the case of the Java version of Saxon the XSLT processor just reports the error message the used XML parser of the underlying Java platform gives so perhaps write a Java program using a JAXP SAXParser or a SAX XmlReader if those error messages are better than the one of the Expat based xmlwf tool.