Re: [xsl] messing about with XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] messing about with XSLT
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 17:42:58 -0000
On 21.03.2021 17:34, Chris Papademetrious
christopher.papademetrious@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Is it appropriate to share xsltfiddles on here when asking for advice? The
message itself should probably still contains theminimal-but-sufficient
snippets to describe the question, but the xsltfiddle could provide a (still
hopefully minimal) complete testcase for anyone to dive in and have a look.

I don't think the list owners or participants would want that to rely on
a particular of those sides, I think if you have a good post and want to
accompany with an online sample then it doesn't hurt to post a link to
it, for those who are willing to look or have the devices to easily use
it, as unfortunately the existing editor components are not working well
on mobile platforms like phones or tables.

(Martin, is posting persistent xsltfiddle URLs on here going to increase
your out-of-pocket cost?)

I created it to allow people to share fiddles so if everyone only uses
it the way you describe (minimal samples of XML and XSLT to demonstrate
an issue) I think my current hosting plan can easily survive for years
without problems and at least from my point of view it is fine to share
a link to such a fiddle here or on StackOverflow.

Unfortunately some people seem to have loaded rather large data and/or
XSLT samples as XSLT fiddles and that kind of use will let me run into
DB quota problems sooner or later. And that point I would need to find a
strategy for deleting fiddles, I don't intend to increase the hosting
budget.