Re: [xsl] preceding-sibling in a group

Subject: Re: [xsl] preceding-sibling in a group
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 16:55:45 -0000
On 19.05.2021 18:45, rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

If I am processing elements in the current-group (), is the
preceding-sibling axis restricted to the current group? I want to test
the value on a preceding-sibling element, but want to restrict it to the
group I am processing. Any pointers would be appreciated. I am using
XSLT 3. Thank you very much.

current-group() is simply a sequence of items you grouped together, they can be from different trees, they can be atomic items.

XPath navigation along an axes is not related to grouping.

If you want to operate item-wise on the sequence like current-group()
use xsl:iterate or xsl:for-each or perhaps a higher-order function.

Perhaps show us an example of the input data, the grouping code you have
plus the code to process current-group(), then explain which node(s) you
are looking for.