[xsl] [ANN] Balisage Program Adds Late-breaking News

Subject: [xsl] [ANN] Balisage Program Adds Late-breaking News
From: "B Tommie Usdin btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 15:04:37 -0000
The Balisage 2021 program has grown!
Late-breaking News
Pre-conference Sessions
Sponsor Presentations
See details at: https://www.balisage.net/2021/Program.html
<https://www.balisage.net/2021/Program.html>
Register at: https://www.balisage.net/registration.html
<https://www.balisage.net/registration.html>

Late-breaking News
    8 new presentations have been added to the program

    When the regular (peer-reviewed) part of the Balisage program was
scheduled, a few
    slots on program were reserved for presentation of bLate-breakingb
material.
    Proposals for late-breaking slots were submitted in June. Because of the
short timeframe,
    decisions were made by the Balisage conference committee, instead of being
made in the
    course of the regular peer review process.

Pre-conference Sessions
    On both the Saturday and the Sunday before Balisage we will host
pre-conference
    sessions that include:
      - assistance getting connected for attendees new to Whova, the
conference portal
      - social time, to meet and greet fellow Balisage attendees
      - a conference presentation, with Questions and Answers
      - additional social time

   Why? To help attendees get comfortable with the conference portal, to help
get us all
     actively involved in Balisage, and to stretch Balisage: The Markup
Conference to a
     full week

Sponsor Sessions
   Balisage is grateful for the support of our sponsors. Product-based
presentations are
    discouraged on the Balisage program. However, we recognize that none of us
does
    any work without tools. In Sponsor Sessions, some of our sponsors share
information
    about their tools.

Questions: info@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Balisage: The Markup Conference 2021