Re: [xsl] user-defined XSLT functions and stylesheet variables?

Subject: Re: [xsl] user-defined XSLT functions and stylesheet variables?
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 17:05:35 -0000
On Sun, 2021-06-20 at 16:43 +0000, Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > A non-streamable function fn:input-document() might be a win!
> >
> > Liam
> >

> It would have the same effect: code using this function could not be
> easily converted to be part of a stylesheet that processes a
> collection of documents.

Yeah, i was thinking after i wrote it that it'd need a tricksy
definition to work in that case and  still be useful, and i'm not at
all sure it's worth it.

> I have occasionally wondered whether the ban on using tunnel
> parameters inside a function is perhaps rather paternalistic.B

I think so - you can presumably have a template  wrapper whose only
purpose  is to return a tunel parameter, and call it from within the
function.

--
Liam Quin,B https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations: B http://www.fromoldbooks.org