Re: [xsl] What is the relationship between transforming, mapping, and filtering?

Subject: Re: [xsl] What is the relationship between transforming, mapping, and filtering?
From: "Alan Painter alan.painter@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 18:56:24 -0000
This punter's US$.02:

Transformation: the generic term for the overall process.

Mapping: the creation of output that corresponds directly to some input on
a fine-grained level.

Filtering: choosing what information to map (or not).

Enriching: adding additional information to that output that does not have
the input as origin, perhaps from a separate data source or some
business/logical rules, possibly constructed by the mapping process itself.

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021, 19:58 Roger L Costello costello@xxxxxxxxx <