Re: [xsl] DITA tables to SVG

Subject: Re: [xsl] DITA tables to SVG
From: "Eliot Kimber eliot.kimber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 17:36:42 -0000
To follow up on Paul Tysons suggestion of using XSL-FO as a basis:

With both FOP and Antenna House you can render to an intermediate area tree
format that represents the rendered content in XML.

That gives you everything you need to then render the result in SVG (or any
other graphical format) because you can treat the area tree as a set of
drawing instructions and you also have all the typographic details (fonts, x/y
position of the text, etc.) that you would need to render the table accurately
in SVG.

In addition, Antenna House offers direct SVG output as a separately-priced
feature: https://www.antennahouse.com/svg-output

Cheers,

E.

Eliot Kimber