Re: [xsl] Unable to get Firefox to apply XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Unable to get Firefox to apply XSL
From: "David Carlisle d.p.carlisle@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 20:59:12 -0000
On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 at 20:54, Michele R Combs mrrothen@xxxxxxx <

> Oh wow, thank you b I just tested it and works perfectly.  This might be
> the answer.  Do you know if it could be modified to work with file *
> *names** rather than dragging/dropping the entire file?

Ok attached is a test2.html that takes the same input but uses two file
upload buttons rather  than drag and drop.
To access that from javascript  I used the FileReader interface documented
at mdn here

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/FileReader

notably given earlier discussion it says:

> FileReader can only access the contents of files that the user has
explicitly selected, either using an HTML <input type="file"> element or by
drag and drop. It cannot be used to read a file by pathname from the user's
file system.

Actually I think that explains the core difference: with the
<?xml-stylesheet interface, it is the author of the page choosing what gets
run, and authors are not to be trusted. With these versions the page just
offers an interface, but the reader chooses what to run, and naturally we
can trust the reader never to shoot himself or herself in the foot.

test1.html used drag and drop and this test2.html uses input type=file so
apparently that's all the choices used up:-)

David
Run XSLT

XML Source file

XSLT file