Re: [xsl] Extracting a XLSX directly using XSLT 3 and Saxon HE

Subject: Re: [xsl] Extracting a XLSX directly using XSLT 3 and Saxon HE
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 16:46:17 -0000
XSLX is just an XML vocabulary, so you can generate it using XSLT in the same
way as any other XML vocabulary. There's nothing special in Saxon-HE (or other
editions) to support this vocabulary, but nothing special is needed.

That's easily said: however, it's a very compex vocabulary, so it's not quite
that easy! But Excel does have options to import XML files which can be much
simpler if you're not interested in all the bells and whistles like formatting
and formulae.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

> On 6 Jul 2022, at 17:39, Gayanthika Udeshani gudeshani@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi all
>
> I did some research and I couldn't find whether there is any XSLT 3 feature
in the Saxon HE, which allows extracting the xlsx (Excel file) directly. I
found some solutions using Saxon EE, want to know whether I have missed
something which we can apply using the HE.