Re: [xsl] XPath expression to convert XSD enumerations into a regex, longest value first

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath expression to convert XSD enumerations into a regex, longest value first
From: "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 18:16:13 -0000
On Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 10:01 PM Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx <

> Surely sorting by log(N) gives the same result as sorting by N?
>
> At this point we're stuck because the requirements aren't clear. In the
> example, 12 appeared in the output before 11, but we don't know why: there
> was nothing in the requirements statement that said it should.

Yes, I was misled by the requirement to sort by the number of digits. In a
later message I just recommended the same sort by -1 * intValue.

But the number of digits of an integer $n is exactly:

    ceiling(log10($n))

Thanks,
Dimitre

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev
Never fight an inanimate object
-------------------------------------
biggest mistake of all
------------------------------------
you're doing is work or play
Typing monkeys will write all Shakespeare's works in 200yrs.Will they write
all patents, too? :)
Sanity is madness put to good use.