Re: [xsl] Lesson Learned: Don’t write XSLT programs this way

Subject: Re: [xsl] Lesson Learned: Don’t write XSLT programs this way
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 13:54:18 -0000
> When I read that I excitedly thought, bYes! That is the right way to build
applications! My, such folly in the way I been my implementing XSLT programs
all these years. The key to creating good XSLT programs -- and any program --
is to make each program do one thing well. Make each program a tool. Combine
tools using the command shell.b

> Lesson Learned: Donbt implement an XSLT program as a series of XSLT
programs.

Completely wrong conclusion.

The correct conclusion is: implement an XSLT program as a series of XSLT
programs, each of which does one thing well.

Michael Kay
Saxonica