Re: [xsl] current-group() contains a particular element

Subject: Re: [xsl] current-group() contains a particular element
From: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen cmsmcq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 23:54:23 -0000
"Chris Papademetrious christopher.papademetrious@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Taking the opportunity to ask a dumb question (which seems to define
> my participation on this list!), what's the difference between these?

>   current-group()/self::my-element

Denotes the set of elements in the current group named 'my-element'.

>   current-group()[self::my-element]

Denotes the current group, if any members of the current group are
elements named 'my-element', and otherwise the empty sequence.

If you don't see how they mean those things, the more careful and
detailed answer from Graydon Saunders should help.

--
C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
Black Mesa Technologies LLC