Re: [xsl] Simple style sheet erroring on Dita fle

Subject: Re: [xsl] Simple style sheet erroring on Dita fle
From: "russurquhart1@xxxxxxxxxxx russurquhart1@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 20:37:02 -0000
As it is a DITA file and points to that dtd I have to download that dtd
locally?

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 3:33 PM, Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx

There's nothing wrong with the stylesheet, it's obviously a problem with the
source document. The error comes from the XML parser, not from the XSLT
processor. Does the XML file refer to other resources such as a DTD or
external entities?
Michael KaySaxonica

On 28 Sep 2022, at 21:13, russurquhart1@xxxxxxxxxxx russurquhart1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,
It's been awhile but I have the opportunity to get back to xslt land.
I have a small xslt:
<xsl:stylesheet
version="1.0"B xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";><xsl:output
method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="no"/>
<!-- identity transform --><xsl:template match="@*|node()">B  B  <xsl:copy>B
B  B  B  <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()"/>B  B
</xsl:copy></xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="entry/p[1]">B B  B
<xsl:apply-templates/></xsl:template>B
</xsl:stylesheet>
That removes the first <p> element in an entry element.
When i try this on a DITA xml file I get:

russurquhart_boomiB ~/Downloads/SaxonHE11-4JB B $ java -jar saxon-he-11.4.jar
-t -s:Cloud_Object.xml -xsl:rem_para.xsl -o:Cloud_Object_Out.xmlSaxonJ-HE 11.4
from SaxonicaJava version 18.0.2.1Stylesheet compilation time:
173.737833msProcessing
file:/Users/russurquhart_boomi/Downloads/SaxonHE11-4J/Cloud_Object.xmlUsing
parser
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParserBuilding
tree for
file:/Users/russurquhart_boomi/Downloads/SaxonHE11-4J/Cloud_Object.xml using
class net.sf.saxon.tree.tiny.TinyBuilderI/O error reported by XML parser
processing
file:/Users/russurquhart_boomi/Downloads/SaxonHE11-4J/Cloud_Object.xml
The DITA file is kind of long but I can attach it if needed. I was hoping
someone could provide some insight on this?
Thanks,
RussXSL-List info and archiveEasyUnsubscribe(by email)

XSL-List info and archiveEasyUnsubscribe(by email)