Re: [xsl] Filtering, xslt 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Filtering, xslt 2.0
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 18:24:22 -0000
On 10/31/2022 6:27 PM, Dave Pawson dave.pawson@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Mon, 31 Oct 2022 at 16:56, Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx

On the command line, you prefix the parameter name with a question mark
to indicate you provide an XPath expression on the right side of the "=".
[A reason I dislike 3.0]

While I can't tell for sure that the "?param-name=expression" feature
works for sure with one of the older Saxon versions that only implement
XSLT/XPath 2.0 (i.e. 9.7 and earlier) I don't think it is in any way
related to the XPath version 3, just an additional level of
customization of the user interface of the Saxon command line the
Saxonica guys introduced some time in the past. So not sure why
mentioning that feature is related to your dislike of XSLT or XPath 3.0.

I have tried now with Bash, you need an additional double quote wrapper
e.g.

?membership="'a','b','c'"

then you have $membership in XSLT/XPath 2 and later as a sequence of three strings (e.g. a, b, c)
Thanks Martin, I'll play with that tonight.