Re: [xsl] Michael Kay on application processing

Subject: Re: [xsl] Michael Kay on application processing
From: "Hank Ratzesberger hank@xxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 20:01:27 -0000
I felt the same way at the time and wrote a small application where most of
the code was XML using Orbeon Forms as the application server. I thought it
was helpful that all the code looked similar, there were few "context
switches" requiring you to "think in Java" or C++. There were a few Perl
scripts that scraped data from repositories our group shared data with, and
JavaScript was required in the presentation. There's almost always going to
be some integration.

It was eventually rewritten into the LAMP stack, but the fact is that all
applications have to process data into some kind of non-tabular form,
something that requires merging, sorting, and grouping from disparate
sources.

Cheers,
Hank
Los Angeles, CA