[xsl] Jaxen 2.0.0 released

Subject: [xsl] Jaxen 2.0.0 released
From: "Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:01:20 -0000
I've released version 2.0.0 of the Jaxen XPath 1.0 engine. The coordinates are:

<dependency>
    <groupId>jaxen</groupId>
    <artifactId>jaxen</artifactId>
    <version>2.0.0</version>
</dependency>

Despite the major version bump, I believe this should be a drop in
replacement for almost every project (though I'm not 100% sure, which
is why this is a beta.) The two major possible incompatibilities are:

* The minimum supported Java version is now 1.5, up from 1.4 in 1.2.0
and 1.3 in 1.1.6.
* dom4j, XOM, and JDOM are now optional dependencies so if a project
was depending on them to be loaded transitively it will need to add
explicit dependencies to build.

On the plus side, this makes classpaths much smaller and less complex,
and will shut up a lot of noise from static analysis tools.

In addition the Jaxen core code is also a little smaller and has fixed
a few minor bugs in XPath evaluation, mostly weird cases found by
fuzzing that are unlikely to arise in practice.

If you do have any trouble at all upgrading to this release, please
file an issue in the repo:

https://github.com/jaxen-xpath/

Questions can be directed to Github discussions:

https://github.com/jaxen-xpath/jaxen/discussions

Enjoy!

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold