Re: ALMOST WORKING was Re: [xsl] XSLT to populate a SAML AttributeStatement from an XML

Subject: Re: ALMOST WORKING was Re: [xsl] XSLT to populate a SAML AttributeStatement from an XML
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 18:01:09 -0000
While the bgatewayb platform on which you are running the XSLT may well
have 2.0 capability, the stylesheet itself says it is 1.0. My system, at
least, will not allow me to use a 2.0 function (tokenize()) in a 1.0
stylesheet.

If you run an XSLT 2.0 processor, then it will accept a stylesheet that says
version="1.0", and will allow it to use 2.0 functions such as tokenize().

But some IDEs decide whether to run an XSLT 1.0 or XSLT 2.0 processor based on
what the version attribute in the stylesheet says. And it helps human readers
know what the expectations are, so it's best to get it right.

Michael Kay
Saxonica