Re: [xsl] How to 'execute' a table without manually converting it to a bunch of nested if-then-else statements?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to 'execute' a table without manually converting it to a bunch of nested if-then-else statements?
From: "Graydon graydon@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 18:28:15 -0000
On Sun, Feb 19, 2023 at 06:20:34PM -0000, Roger L Costello
costello@xxxxxxxxx scripsit:
> By "better" I mean more assuredness that the code
> faithfully/accurately encodes the table.

First thing is "is there a function already?"

For example, there's no general printf in XPath, but there are
format-date(), format-integer(), and format-number().

> So, what I seek from you is this: How do *you* translate tables into code? Do
> you have a way that is 100% guaranteed to faithfully/accurately encode the
> table?

Generally, maps.  Sometimes maps-of-maps.

-- Graydon