Re: [xsl] how to make a log file in XSLT?

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to make a log file in XSLT?
From: "Michael Kay michaelkay90@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 21:16:51 -0000
> In some context I think you can fool Saxon by using different URIs e.g.
> append some query string to the input URI
>

> <xsl:variable name="current_log_content" select="document($Log_file_name ||
'?foo=bar')"/>

Indeed you can, but you run the risk here that the reading and writing will
actually be concurrent, which will lead to a different failure. You would need
to force the read to happen first, for example by outtputting something that
appears to depend on the input document content (for example
doc('xxx')//this-wont-find-anything) before doing the xsl:result-document.

Michael Kay
Saxonica