Re: [xsl] differentiating between *the* document node and anonymous document nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] differentiating between *the* document node and anonymous document nodes
From: "Chris Papademetrious christopher.papademetrious@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 13:18:57 -0000
Hi Dr. Kay,

Thanks for the clarification on applying predicates to document-nodes in the
previous email!

I think my misunderstanding/misuse of terminology obscured my question. Is
there some value of ??? in

<xsl:variable name="result" as="???">
</xsl:variable>

that is functionally identical to this:

<xsl:variable name="result">
</xsl:variable>

In which the variable can hold an arbitrary set of nodes while also providing
contextual sibling relationships between them?

  *   Chris