Re: [xsl] creating multiple xml documents from one large xml document

Subject: Re: [xsl] creating multiple xml documents from one large xml document
From: "Bauman, Syd s.bauman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 01:54:11 -0000
(Confession: I did not understand the original question.)

If you are not getting any result file the two most likely culprits are

  1.  namespace problem
  2.  you are calling the program incorrectly

I am guessing that you are calling the xslt2b program correctly (i.e., its
signature is xslt2 [input] [stylesheet] [output]b), because if not, you
would probably get an error (like bStylesheet file is not really a
stylesheetb), not just no output.
I notice that in the code you posted, the <records> element is being matched
as if it were in no namespace. If that is true (the <records> element(s) in
soap.xml are in no namespace), then we need to look elsewhere for a problem.
If it is not true (the <records> element(s) in soap.xml are in a namespace,
e.g. "http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope/";), then that is the problem.
Using either

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"

    xmlns:sf="urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com"

    xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope/";

    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>

<xsl:template match="soap:records[@xsi:type eq 'sf:CaseNote_GCC__c']">

or

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"

    xmlns:sf="urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com"

    xpath-default-namespace="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope/";

    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>

should do the trick.

________________________________
Ibm using Saxon XSLT 2

Calling it like: xslt2 soap.xml file.xsl hello.htm

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"

    xmlns:sf="urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com"

    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>

<xsl:template match="records[@xsi:type = 'sf:CaseNote_GCC__c']">

   <xsl:result-document href="case-{sf:Id}-{sf:CaseNumber}.xml">

     <xsl:copy-of select="."/>

  </xsl:result-document>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>