Re: [xsl] Asymmetric string handling with processing-instructions

Subject: Re: [xsl] Asymmetric string handling with processing-instructions
From: "Michael Mueller-Hillebrand michael.mueller-hillebrand@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 06:25:39 -0000
Thanks a lot for your feedback and thoughts, Martin,

Special thanks for reminding me that a simple string can be treated/parsed as
XML and there is no need for an element to use parse-xml-fragment().

When creating the text content of a processing instruction we have to decide
which quotes to use around the pseudo attribute value and therefore handle
this quote different in the content. We plan to use apostrophe and therefore
would use &#39; for single quotes in content. We already do this in Java
elsewhere and will use the same method in XSLT.

Best regards,.
- Michael