ABA PROPOSED RESOLUTION 301-1

Subject: ABA PROPOSED RESOLUTION 301-1
From: "Olga Francois" <ofrancois@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:53:01 -0400
COPYRIGHT TERM EXTENSION ACT
PROPOSED RESOLUTION 301-1

http://www.abanet.org/intelprop/summer2002/full_debate.html
http://www.abanet.org/intelprop/summer2002/resolution.html
http://www.abanet.org/intelprop/summer2002/307.doc

"Resolved, that the Section of IP Law supports the principle that
Congress has the power under the Copyright Clause (Article I, section 8,
clause 8) of the United States Constitution to extend the term of
existing copyrights; and Specifically, the Section favors the position
that the Copyright Term Extension Act (Title I, P.L. 105-298) does not
violate, and is fully in accordance with, the Copyright Clause and the
First Amendment of the United States Constitution."

Meeting:
Philadelphia on Thursday, June 27, from 1:45 to 5:30 pm.  Comments can
be submitted in advance to "the appropriate committee chair"