Non-published flyers

Subject: Non-published flyers
From: Steve Bustamante <Steve.Bustamante@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:53:59 -0500
Hello all,

One of our instructors came in with a questionable item for electronic
course reserve.  It's a creative, social commentary piece that includes
original text and drawings.  The instructor said that there is no way to
trace this back to the artist.  My initial response was that we could not
claim fair use considering the following: 1. The work is being reproduced in
full. 2. We have no way to contact the artist.  3.  The work is a completely
creative piece.  We also have no way of asking for permission.  He has no
name, or contact information.

Any guidance pointing to documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve

Stephen Bustamante
Digital Reserves Coordinator