My new book on Content Rights

Subject: My new book on Content Rights
From: "Arnold Lutzker" <arnie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 13:40:32 -0500
For all who may be interested, about 5 years ago, I wrote a book on Copyright
and Trademark law and IP policy for media professionals, published by Focal
Press.  This month, the second edition, expanded and retitled Content Rights
for Creative Professionals: Copyrights and Trademarks in a Digital Age, was
published by Focal Press.  Content Rights contains a lot of new material
regarding the DMCA and many of the hot digital rights issues, written in
understandable English, rather than formal legalese.  The book draws on my
personal experiences representing not only libraries and educators, but also
television stations, cable companies, newspapers, tv producers, movie
directors and Internet innovators.  It is divided into five parts -
Copyrights, Trademark, Collateral Concerns (Unfair competition,
publicity/privacy, antitrust, patents, trade secrets, international), Content
Rights for the Media and Film, and Content and New Media (Internet, digital).
I'm not only proud of it, but also I believe it can be very helpful in
explaining many of the complicated issues in the digital debate that pass by
people because they simply don't have a complete picture.  I wrote it so that
teachers could incorporate it as a text book in courses on the Internet,
digital rights, copyrights, etc.  If anyone is interested please let me know.