In The News

Subject: In The News
From: "Olga Francois" <ofrancois@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:20:43 -0400

Copyright law to set up tribunal for stiffer punishment
Source: GNA, Ghanaweb.com, 14 October 2003
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=44752

"Accra, Oct. 14, GNA - The current Copyright Bill before Parliament
would provide for the creation of a Copyright Tribunal that would met
out stiffer punishment to persons, who violates the rights of authors
and composers in the country."
-----------

The Copyright Cuffs: Why we should care who gets the merchandising deal
from a movie or the song tie-in on a variety show.
BY JONATHAN ZITTRAIN, Oct. 15, 2003 Issue of CIO Magazine

"A couple of years ago I was talking with a law school colleague about
cyberlaw and the people who study it. "I've always wondered," he said,
"why all the cyberprofs hate copyright."

UK to adopt EU copyright law
By Adam Pasick, Reuters.com, 16 October, 2003
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=internetNews&storyID=3629344&section=news

" Britain is poised to adopt a European Union copyright law designed to
stop music, film and software piracy, which could carry heavy penalties
for people who download pirated files."