RE: digital-copyright Digest 14 Jan 2004 16:00:00 -0000 Issue 314

Subject: RE: digital-copyright Digest 14 Jan 2004 16:00:00 -0000 Issue 314
From: Alice Ruleman <aruleman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:42:49 -0600
Marsha,

I found a site on the internet concerning copying slides from CalArts
Library at
http://www.calarts.edu/library/policies/copyright/slides.html

Basically they say that fair use can apply to making slides from print
sources for ONE-CLASS use.  Check section A. Aquisition & Use #3. The image
could also be digitized for e-reserves with the usual password restrictions.

If you wanted to add the slides to a collection or continue to use them,
then fair use would not apply.  You would either need to find a source to
purchase the images in slide format or get permission.

Alice B. Ruleman
Assistant Librarian
Crichton College
255 N. Highland St.