rental video

Subject: rental video
From: "Roegge, Kathleen" <Roegge.Kathleen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:21:23 -0600
Thanks for all the responses.  Everyone agreed that it was okay to show a
rental video to students in a class room setting but the responses were
divided as to whether showing it to the students in the Library Auditorium
constituted fair use or a public performance.

What I told the instructor is this: there was no problem showing the video
"Trainspotting" to his students but because it was being shown outside the
classroom they needed to insure that the audience was restricted to members
of his class only.

Kathleen Roegge
Access Services Manager
University of Illinois at Springfield
Brookens Library
kroeg1@xxxxxxx

"I'm an optimist, but I'm an optimist who takes his raincoat."
Harold Wilson