Archival audio copy question

Subject: Archival audio copy question
From: "Hudock, Sandy L" <sandy.hudock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 15:58:43 -0600
Hi, Everyone,

 I realize the name of the list is "digital,"  but we have a situation
here that I'm hoping someone can shed light on. We have audio cassette
(archival) copies of a record collection that has been housed in the
music department for a number of years.  The cassettes have remained in
the library, and due to low circulation, we are in the process of
discarding them from the collection.  We know that we can't sell them,
but are wondering what other legal options (besides throwing them out)
may be available? Can we simply make them freely available to anyone
interested in them?  I am not sure of the future disposition of the
record collection itself, since the library has no control over it
anymore.

Thanks for your help with this,

Sandy

Sandy Hudock
Access Services/Interlibrary Loan Librarian
Colorado State University-Pueblo
2200 Bonforte Blvd. Pueblo, CO 81001
719.549.2527 phone 719.549.2531 fax