Re: campus literary journal (Roegge, Kathleen)

Subject: Re: campus literary journal (Roegge, Kathleen)
From: Bill Westwood <westwood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:55:15 -0400
Mr. Dufresne's advice is an intelligent, businesslike approach to this
issue.  I can say this as a professional medical illustrator who has been
involved with copyright since 1976 and an adjunct instructor teaching
business practices and copyright to graphic arts students at a local
college.

One point that was not clearly stated however is that the copyright to the
submissions belongs to the authors, unless there is a written document
transferring it to the publication.  Copyright ownership can only be
transferred in writing.

Sincerely,

Bill Westwood

--
William B. Westwood, M.S.
Board Certified Medical Illustrator

p(518) 432-5237
f(518) 432-7106

Take a minute and visit my website at http://westwoodmedical.com and
remember.......
For Great Medical Art, There's WESTWOOD and There's The Rest