Another call for a new digital copyright law

Subject: Another call for a new digital copyright law
From: Lloyd Davidson <ldavids@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:09:27 -0700
 From Slate's Todays Papers:

Using the Viacom lawsuit against Google as a hook, the WSJ's Walter
Mossberg says it is unacceptable that consumers have to guess whether
what they're doing online violates copyright law. Mossberg argues
that Congress needs to pass a new digital copyright law that would
protect the average consumer and "draw a line between modest sharing
of a few songs or video clips and the real piracy of mass
distribution."

WSJ link to full article:

http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB117452094467244796-o__iG26sDKdHa_cPBr2vmb4dsjY_20080321.html

  March 22, 2007