HiEd copyright policy requirement in revisions to Title 20

Subject: HiEd copyright policy requirement in revisions to Title 20
From: "M. Claire Stewart" <claire-stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 15:40:45 -0500
Pending legislation to reauthorize the Higher Education Act of 1965 includes some requirements about copyright enforcement and copyright policies that seem new ... what does everyone think of this?

Here's the bill via THOMAS: <http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:S.1642:>
(changes to Title 20, Chapter 28, Subchapter IV, Part F, subsection 1092, to be exact)

I've the text of the revision and a link to the existing version of the subsection of title 20 here:
<http://copyrightreadings.blogspot.com/2007/08/higher-ed-institutions-copyright-policy.html>
M. Claire Stewart
Acting Head, Marjorie I. Mitchell Multimedia Center
Coordinator of Digitization Projects, Northwestern University Library
(847) 467-1437
claire-stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://hdl.handle.net/2166/claire