different accounts under one OCLC symbol?

Subject: different accounts under one OCLC symbol?
From: "Bellinger, Laurie J." <belli1lj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 09:26:29 -0400
I have a question about different library departments having separate
accounts under the same institutional OCLC symbol.

Let's say the current copyright arrangement is that our institution has
a single account under our OCLC symbol and may request up to five
articles free of charge from a given journal within a specific time
period (e.g. five years). We then have to begin paying copyright fees
with the sixth request. If a department creates its own - a
second-account under that same symbol does the current limit of five
free articles still apply, or does the original account still get five
free articles and the new second account also get up to five free,
meaning that the institution actually begins paying on the eleventh
request instead of the sixth?

Laurie Bellinger
Central Michigan University
Off-Campus Library Service