Interlibrary Loan and copyright issues

Subject: Interlibrary Loan and copyright issues
From: "Bellinger, Laurie J." <belli1lj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:38:39 -0400
Our institution has a Document Delivery Department for off-campus
programs and an Interlibrary Loan Department for on campus students.  We
are currently operating under one OCLC symbol and can request up 5
articles free of charge from any given journal. After that we have to
pay for the articles.

We are considering opening another account for the Document Delivery
Department but using the same OCLC symbol. If we do this are we still
held to the 5 articles free of charge or do both departments, with
separate accounts each get 5 articles free of charge? We then would
begin paying on the 11th article instead of the sixth.

Is anyone else doing anything like this or know of another institution
in this type of situation.

Laurie Bellinger
Central Michigan University
Off-Campus Library Service