AI Workshop: Early Deadline 2/15

Subject: AI Workshop: Early Deadline 2/15
From: "Olga Francois" <OFrancois@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:41:30 -0500
		[[[[[[[Please excuse any duplication of this
message]]]]]]]]]]

Two more days- The deadline for early registration is this Friday,
February 15, 2008. Join the moderators and our special chat guests:

	*Don McCabe*, Professor of Management & Global Business, Rutgers
Business School - Newark & New Brunswick. Professor McCabe has conducted
research on college and university student perceptions and attitudes
towards cheating in the US & Canada. Most recently he has shifted that
focus and has surveyed over 18,000 high school students in the United
States.

	JUST ADDED! *Robert A. Vanderhye, Nixon & Vanderhye, LLC.
Attorney Vanderhye is representing the McLean High School students
challenging Turnitin.com.

Once all the rage, plagiarism detection devices are, with greater
intensity, being challenged legally and ethically as inappropriate tools
for detecting plagiarism. Currently, the plagiarism detection service
Turnitin.com is in the middle of litigation against several high school
students who are challenging its business practices as a violation of
copyright law. In this workshop, the legal and scholarly implications of
this struggle will be explored, along with the many challenges in
fostering academic integrity in our colleges & universities.

Please join the Center for Intellectual Property as we attempt to
address the plagiarism and cheating issues on college campuses and
attempt to outline practices for change:

   Building a Community that Values Academic Integrity
     http://www.umuc.edu/cip/ipa/workshops.shtml#AI
                   Register by 2/15
Dates: February 25 - March 7, 2008
Moderators:
Gary Pavela, M.A., J.D., University of Maryland, College Park;
Kimberly Bonner, J.D., Center for Intellectual Property, UMUC;
Guest Speaker: Don McCabe, Ph.D., Rutgers Business School

SIGN UP NOW:
Early Bird Rates $150
http://tinyurl.com/29jg53 [Secured Server]

Online Workshop FAQ- http://www.umuc.edu/cip/ipa/faq.shtml
For more on the Center for Intellectual Property's resources & services
please see our homepage-  http://www.umuc.edu/cip/
--
Olga Francois, Assistant Director
Center for Intellectual Property