UCLA & AIME - The Effects

Subject: UCLA & AIME - The Effects
From: "Philbert, Ms. Medaline E." <mphilbert@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:08:54 -0400
Good Day,

As part of the Fair Use Committee, I'm asked to survey some institutions to
see how the UCLA and AIME situation may have affected their streaming
services.  I appreciate your taking the time to respond to these questions.

In light of the media streaming copyright situation that has evolved between
UCLA and AIME:

*         Do you currently stream clips only, full length only, or do a
combination?

*         Did UCLA's position to resume streaming full length video encourage
you to do the same?

*         Have you been using an in-house product to stream video? If so, what
kind of security has been built in?

*         If your university has a film/cinema/media studies program, have any
special arrangements been made to accommodate those programs or are they
restricted to showing films in the face-to-face classroom?

*         If you currently use a vendor, are you considering in-house
production?

*         If you currently use a vendor, are you considering switching vendor
to one that provide stronger security and allow faculty to create clips?

Thank you.

Medaline

Medaline Philbert
Assistant University Librarian for Distributive Learning
mphilbert@xxxxxxxx
Voice: 914-773-3945
Fax: 914-773-3348
http://library.pace.edu

One worthwhile task carried to a successful conclusion
is worth half-a-hundred half-finished tasks
                                     Malcolm S. Forbes