Collectanea Blog Post

Subject: Collectanea Blog Post
From: "Amy Mata" <AMata@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 10:47:55 -0400
Don't miss the latest Collectanea post by the CIP's Intellectual
Property Scholar! Peter Jazi blogs about New Studies on Copyright
Economics.
http://chaucer.umuc.edu/blogcip/collectanea/

"I wanted to report first on an interesting happening. Let me start by
quoting my colleague Mike Palmedo, at the Washington College of Law's
Program on Information Justice and Intellectual Property: On Tuesday the
Computer and Communications Industry Association (CCIA) released its
report "Fair Use in the U.S. Economy," which measures the economic
contributions of industries that rely on flexibilities in copyright law.
These contributions are massive, yet they are often overlooked in debate
over the strengthening of IP enforcement."

Amy Mata
Graduate Assistant
Center For Intellectual Property
University of Maryland University College
Rm. 2293, Largo, 3501 University Boulevard East
Adelphi, MD  20783
(240) 684-2967 office
(240) 684-2961 fax
amata@xxxxxxxx