Re: music and licenses

Subject: Re: music and licenses
From: John Mitchell <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 14:17:48 -0500
Right. There is no exclusive right "to use music files" under the Copyright
Act, so anyone is free to "use music files". To assess what is or is not
covered, consider the use of "the copyrighted work" instead, whether the
musical composition or the sound recording, looking at reproduction,
distribution, derivative works and public performance.

John