Re: [digital-copyright] Re: Reproducing visual art

Subject: Re: [digital-copyright] Re: Reproducing visual art
From: Brandon Butler <brandon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 14:35:59 -0400
Let me put it differently, and perhaps more directly: the risk is often so
close to zero that to pretend there is no risk is perfectly rational. My
risk may be nontrivial, but it is a triumph of misinformation (including the
DVD warnings you mentioned) that educators and others treat too many risks as
nontrivial.

Or, to put it more colloquially, lighten up! The law's not so bad. Fair use
has been on the ascendant in this country for over two decades, now. Let's
enjoy it!

Best,
Brandon