[stella] re: old message

Subject: [stella] re: old message
From: p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Piero Cavina)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 19:07:39 +0100
I was browsing some early stella-list messages (thanks Matt!)...

From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

(Survival Island)
>So far I haven't managed to survive long enough to get to land.  Those
>pea-shooter thingies take too many cheap shots.

You need to gain health points, please read carefully the manual :-)

(...)

>I dunno what it is about the 2600 that is so cool.  Even with these PCI 1=
>28 bit gfx cards you just don't see animation as smooth and free of flick=
>er as you do with these 8-bit hardware-sprite systems.  There is a look a=
>nd feel that you just can't get with PC games.

That's for sure. The 'smoothness' (does this word exist?) of most 2600
games is a feeling I can't describe. Intellivision and CoCo had more
complex graphics but the animation wasn't so fluid.

Ciao,
 P.