Re: [stella] MONDO PONG! game preview

Subject: Re: [stella] MONDO PONG! game preview
From: Chris Pepin <cpepin1@xxxxxxxx> (by way of Piero Cavina)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 16:07:42 +0100 (MET)
>> MONDO PONG! is currently PAL-only (thought it might work on NTSC machines,
>> who knows) but will be hopefully convertd to NTSC for the final release.
>> Any help from you in US with NTSC TV sets will be appreciated.
>
>	The demo seemed to work alright on my NTSC machine and
>my brothers tv.

That's interesting, if this should be true in general I won't have to
convert it to NTSC!

>The colors may be different than you intended
>but otherwise it looks pretty good.

On my PAL TV the colors are light blue for the "walls" and the score, the
rest is white (almost); while on the emulator the walls are dark blue and
the rest is yellow (or gold?). I will fix the color of "the rest" so that
it's white (it's the same value for PAL and NTSC).
I would like to know from you how the other color looks like in NTSC, and
if it's OK it won't touch it.

>Any idea when a playable version
>will be available?   Keep up the good work.

The paddle-reading part is already working, I've just kept it out from the
demo; what is most missing is game selection. I think there will be 8 game
variations: number of players (1, 2) x game lenght (let's say 15 or 45
points) x skill level (normal, hard).
It's really nothing special to code, but since hacking is not compatible
with a full-time job <g> I hope it will be ready by the end of the month...

Ciao,
 P.

P.S. did you figure out how the "artificial intelligence" behind the two
paddles work? I think it's less obvious than it seems... :-)