Re: [stella] Two triple-copy sprites for 48 horiz. pixels hi-res?

Subject: Re: [stella] Two triple-copy sprites for 48 horiz. pixels hi-res?
From: Greg Troutman <mor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 1997 13:42:52 -0800
Bob Colbert wrote:

> Greg wrote:
>
> > Is this even possible?
>
> YES! actually this is even possible:
>
>                 p0  p0  p0  p1  p1  p1
>
> on alternating frames to give the appearance of 12 characters.  I did this
> in the easter egg for Okie Dokie to put a 12 character wide scrolling
> message on the screen, I will dig out the source and get it to ya!

Well just the title screen is very impressive.  Unfortunately, I have
two emulators that "run" on my Linux machine, but I can't get Okie Dokie
to work on either.

XStella core dumps immediately without displaying anything.  I played
around with the source a bit but couldn't solve it.  It runs pretty much
every other image I've tried.  And I've gotten the .BIN file and
assembled the .ASM file several times to make sure it's not just a bad
copy.

The V2600 emulator will load the game and I can see the great title
screen, but it doesn't seem to want to start the game. It screams
endless lines of, "ARGHH an undocumented RSYNC!" in the background.
This emulator is still quite buggy, but may just be a rev or two away
from something pretty amazing. It has a GUI debug module with single
stepping, memory and register searching and *editing* (6502/TIA/RIOT
aware).  It looks outstanding in concept, but as I said, it doesn't work
very reliably yet.  I have the latest version 0.80.  Does the DOS
version have the debug module in it?  If so, and it works, I think I
have no choice but to get off my duff and run DOS again...

Has anyone tried and had more success running any of these Linux/Unix
tools?  Also, does anyone know if there is a Unix-based 6502
disassembler out there?  I haven't found one yet...  How about some C
source for one that I might be able compile?

--
mor@xxxxxxx
http://www.crl.com/~mor/