[stella] Phasor works now! (dum di dum :-) )

Subject: [stella] Phasor works now! (dum di dum :-) )
From: Chrissalo@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 23:20:33 -0500 (EST)
Hi!

Remember what I wrote about phasor producing illegal instructions via
a loop that went to far and thus <poking> to a region that it wasn't supposed
poke to?

Dennis Caswell, that's the programmers name, isn't it?
He must have been quite a tricky guy, 'cause it seems he <deliberatly> ran
that
loop to far, so after reaching a negative value <ff, fe...> the poke (which
was
absolut X indexed) would cross a page boundary, and thus taking one cycle
longer than those other poke's in that loop. Well that one cycle added made
it
7 cycles after accessing the RAM area and thus a poke was not performed.

At least that is what I gather, and it seems to work well :-)

In order to poke <correctly> the poke address must follow the RAM access
after 4,5 or  6 cycles, otherwise no poke is performed!!!

The other games I mentioned still don't work 100%, but that <might> not be
Starpath related... who knows, have to converse with Bradford about these...

a quite happy...

Chris

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/