Re: [stella] MultiSpriteDemo update (source+binary)

Subject: Re: [stella] MultiSpriteDemo update (source+binary)
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 12:11:55 -0800 (PST)
Ah, much better.  Rock solid display on a real NTSC VCS.  It's a pretty
hypnotizing demo the way the ball collisions are coded.  I suppose the
next logical step up from here is animated player shapes and sound.

The 2600 really does move objects so smoothly, it's like butter.  I doubt
most people running this program on their emulator next to a real 2600
would consider the animation as smooth as the real deal.  I've run the
emulator on a 486/66 and a PCI graphics card and it clearly showed signs
of graphics refresh or repainting.

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/