[stella] Linking 2600 consoles?

Subject: [stella] Linking 2600 consoles?
From: Songbird <forhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:15:41 -0500 (CDT)
OK, here's a dumb question from somebody who admittedly just glances over
most posts to this list...

I've seen bits here and there about the potential (I think) for LEDs on
the controllers.  This means the ports are bidirectional?  Would it be
possible to "link" two 2600 consoles together using a 9-pin cord
connecting, say, the second joystick port on both systems?

Or to make network ID assignment even simpler, what if one console used
port #1, and the other used port #2?  Then you'd automatically know which
console was which.

Just curious if we could ever have a networked 2600 game... :-)

Thanks,

Carl Forhan    <><
Vindicator Online:  http://www.millcomm.com/~forhan/vindicator.html

--