Re: [stella] Linking 2600 consoles?

Subject: Re: [stella] Linking 2600 consoles?
From: Chris Wilkson - MCD <cwilkson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:49:46 -0800 (PDT)
Ya know, I was thinking about this a couple of years ago.  Maybe even
before doom came out.  I was thinking that if you used one machine
to do the kernal, a second machine could do game logic, etc. They would
both have 1 controller port for a total of 2, and the only data you'd need
to send back and forth would be one set of joystick data, certain registers
(collision detection for example), and you'd need to send tia info to the
kernal machine.  Knowing what I know now, which still isn't much, I think
this particular setup would be difficult at best.

But I still like the idea, and I think that with some thought, some of the
people on this list could get some type of network to work.

-Chris