Re: [stella] Linking 2600 consoles?

Subject: Re: [stella] Linking 2600 consoles?
From: jimn8@xxxxxxxxxx (Jim Nitchals)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 13:27:48 -0700 (PDT)

> What Apple II stuff did you work on?

Before EA I was cofounder of Cavalier Computer.  We wrote and published
Asteroid Field, Star Thief, Bug Attack, Microwave, and Teleport for the
Apple II.  We also did a Star Castle clone called "Ring Raiders" as a
Christmas promotion freebie (send in a diskette with return postage...)

As an EA employee I designed the Apple II boot code and copy protection
software.  I also wrote developer documentation and support code for new
machines, to help the outside programmers get up to speed faster.  I
pitched in with last-minute debugging and when bugs were dragging a
particular project down.

I improved the LISA assembler (thanks to Randy Hyde for giving me source!)
and wrote a stripped-down DOS 3.3 compatible filing system that was used
in a few products.

After leaving EA I did the Apple II conversions of Archon and Archon II
under contract.

Enough reminiscing... there's a two-console link cable to be built!

- Jim

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/