Re: [stella] Supercharger RAM - why the reluctance??

Subject: Re: [stella] Supercharger RAM - why the reluctance??
From: PatMan <dgeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 02:04:01 -0400
>Other than making a cartridge I don't understand why you wouldn't want to
>use the Supercharger's generous 6K RAM.

Well, I think you mentioned it earlier why people tend to be avoiding
"Supercharger specific" coding -- some programmers are envisioning releasing
the games as physical carts, and not everyone owns a Supercharger.  If
the games are written to use the extra 6K ram, then you will either need
a Supercharger to play it (on a real 2600 machine/clone) or find an
emulator that supports Supercharger games correctly (there isn't yet one
for Mac, and I have heard the ones for Windows/DOS don't work 100% correct)