R: R: [stella] request for comments: RESCUE.BIN

Subject: R: R: [stella] request for comments: RESCUE.BIN
From: "Piero Cavina" <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 15:34:06 +0200
> Da: Jim Nitchals <jimn8@xxxxxxxxxx>

> > Good idea!  I knew there was a solution out there.  I'll have to try
> > this and see if I can make it work as well as it sounds ;)
>
> Sorry if I'm jumping in late here, but in my game "Star Thief" for the
> Apple II, which used 1 or 2 paddles with only 1 button apiece, the
> algorithm was:
>
> button-press:  shoot
> button-hold (1/4 - 1/3 second): thrust

Don't know if it could be the best choice for Greg's game, because when
you're on your way back to the mother ship, you are usually keeping the
rockets on, and you need to shoot without stopping.

It would be nice to have both options, and even more nice if they were
based on the same code... :-)

BTW...

I would really like to know which games you wrote for the Apple 2. That was
my second computer (after a Rockwell Aim 65)... :-)
What is the state of your Apple programs? Are they available somewhere, or
they're still under copyright?

P.